We live in a world where people want results and they want them yesterday. Crash diets, 24-day challenges, zero carbs, liquid diet - you name it. A majority of the people who have tried "quick fixes" in an effort to achieve the results they've always wanted usually end up with very little long-term success.
We make a huge push to our clients to focus on the fundamentals. These may not be the sexiest methods but these are tried-and-tested ways to ensure LONG-TERM success.
Below are six unconventional ways to lose body fat and WHY each of them is so important.
Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis
Low-intensity movement throughout the ENTIRE day. Your goal should be at least 10,000 steps each day.
The two big reasons this is important: lymph draining and increased blood flow.
These are vitally important because we live in such a toxic world.
Find out how some very simple activities have such a huge impact on your body composition and overall health.
Water is the MOST important and simplest thing you can do for your overall health.
- Detoxification - excrete waste and toxins
- Promote weight loss
- Support cellular function
Optimal hydration levels are:
- Male: 58-62% of bodyweight in water weight
- Female: 52-55% of bodyweight in water weight
Most people, especially women, do not eat enough protein to make positive body composition improvements.
Five main reasons why protein is so important:
- Thermic effect of protein
- Cellular repair after resistance training
- Increase basal metabolic rate
- Regulation of hormones
What impact does it have on body composition?
- Allows for appropriate intensity during training
- Helps regulate blood sugars
- Eliminates the urge for convenient food choices
- Improves the uptake of growth hormone
Easy ways to improve sleep:
- Get 7-9 hours of uninterrupted sleep each night
- Sleep in a cool and dark room - 68 degrees is ideal
- Have some form of rhythmic noise playing
Manipulating sunlight is the next frontier for weight loss.
The four components of sun hygiene:
- Minimum of 20 minutes of sun exposure per day
- Allow the sunlight to directly hit your retina
- 7-10am is the best time to be outside
- Increase sun exposure gradually - 5-10% daily
Four remedies to relieve stress
- Do something you love every day
- Play 5-10 mins per day
- Adopt a healthy nighttime routine
- Create a paradigm shift - see stress as a positive thing