According to the 2015 National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH), 86.4 percent of people ages 18 or older reported that they drank alcohol at some point in their lifetime.
Fitness, for most people, is not the end goal. Meaning they want to be able to participate in their own life and have fulfillment both inside and outside the gym.
So how do you drink, in moderation, without compromising your goals? We have some tips to help with this.
Maintain your routine as much as possible
- Water - drink half your bodyweight in ounces
- Protein - eat a balanced meal high in protein to delay the rate of alcohol absorption
- Sunlight - 20 mins of sun exposure
- Movement - engage in quality movement/activities to promote blood flow and lymph movement
- Have one less drink of water than you have of alcoholic beverages
- Example: If you have 5 alcoholic beverages drink 4 waters (drink - water - drink - water - etc.)
- Avoid sugary mixed drinks
- Drink of choice - Tequila + Topo Chico + Lime
- Explore gluten free options
- Water - 20 ounces of water before bed to minimize dehydration
Get back to your normal routine:
- Healthy meal
The above mentioned tips are designed to help minimize the effects of alcohol and the habits that come along with it. We don't want you to sit on the sidelines of your own life - get living but be smart.